Gearbox Software, a Texas-based software developer, has just released 'Borderlands 3', the latest iteration in the series.
The first two releases - 'Borderlands 1' and 'Borderlands 2' - have sold millions of copies to gamers, worldwide, and have spawned other, popular, related video game releases.
As is well known, video games series like, 'Borderlands', teach children to glorify violence. And, therefore, we would call on the developers, distributors, and, indeed, censors, to restrict access to games like these, to adults only.
BUT, it's not enough that this 'first-person shooter game' glorifies violence...the cover of the latest release - which has been splashed all over London bus shelters - also blasphemes the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus! (see the above image)
This petition, therefore, asks the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to sanction Gearbox Software and the appropriate UK advertising agencies for blaspheming the Sacred Heart of Jesus in its new 'Borderlands 3' cover, and to have the adverts taken down immediately.
This petition also CC's the software company, asking them to restrict sales of their new game to adults only.
In an obvious profanation of the image of the Sacred Heart, the cover of 'Borderlands 3' depicts one of the series characters, called 'Psycho', wrapped in a blue cloak, with a halo around his head, and a hand-grenade as a heart (entwined with barbed wire). He is also shown with a weapon (with a power-saw at the top) as a staff in his left hand, while holding up three fingers with his right hand.
This image is a blatant and offensive misrepresentation of the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and is very disrespectful towards beliefs and images which Catholics hold dear.
Section 4, Paragraph 1 of the Non-broadcast UK Code of Advertising, states in part: "Marketing communications must not contain anything that is likely to cause serious or widespread offence. Particular care must be taken to avoid causing offence on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age..."
But, as the profane "Borderlands" image has been distributed across London, advertised prominently in bus shelters, the game launch campaign, which blasphemes the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, is almost certain to cause widespread offence.
Please SIGN this petition - directed to the UK ASA - which asks them to sanction the game-maker and have the adverts removed as quickly as possible, and which CC's the game-maker to demand that these games be restricted to adults only.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on this petition and on the Sacred Heart:
Of course, we know that the proper image of the Sacred Heart was given to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, between 1673 and 1675, in apparitions which she had of the Lord Jesus, Who requested that there be reparations made for ingratitude shown to God.
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men...Instead of gratitude I receive from the greater part (of mankind) only ingratitude."
Additionally, 12 promises of specific graces were made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary for those people who practise devotion to His Sacred Heart. [Please see all 12 promises listed below.]
The ninth promise is as follows: "I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated."
So, by these promises from the Lord, Himself, we know that this profanation of His image is utterly wrong - especially because it mocks His mercy, and because it deprives young people of the truth about the holy image of Our Lord, its veneration and the awesome promises attached to the same.
The genuine image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus:
Here are the complete list of the promises made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. Perhaps, after reading through them, you, too, might like to help propagate devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
- I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
- In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.