The 'Borderlands' video game series is one of the most popular gaming franchises ever produced.
The first two releases - 'Borderlands 1' and 'Borderlands 2' - have sold millions of copies to gamers, worldwide, and have spawned other, popular, related video game releases.
This September, Gearbox Software, a Texas-based software developer, is slated to release 'Borderlands 3', the latest iteration in the series.
As is well known, video games series like, 'Borderlands', teach children to glorify violence. And, therefore, we would call on the developers, distributors, and, indeed, censors, to restrict access to games like these, to adults only.
BUT, it's not enough that this 'first-person shooter game' glorifies violence...the leaked cover of the forthcoming release also blasphemes the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
This petition, therefore, asks Gearbox Software Management to stop blaspheming the Sacred Heart of Jesus in its new 'Borderlands 3' cover, and to replace it with another image. It also asks the company to restrict sale of their new game to adults only.
In an obvious profanation of the image of the Sacred Heart, the leaked cover of 'Borderlands 3' depicts one of the series characters, called 'Psycho', wrapped in a blue cloak, with a halo around his head, and a hand-grenade as a heart (entwined with barbed wire). He is also shown with a weapon (with a power-saw at the top) as a staff in his left hand, while holding up three fingers with his right hand.
Of course, we know that the proper image of the Sacred Heart was given to St Margaret Mary Alacoque, between 1673 and 1675, in apparitions which she had of the Lord Jesus, Who requested that there be reparations made for ingratitude shown to God.
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men...Instead of gratitude I receive from the greater part (of humankind) only ingratitude."
Additionally, 12 promises of specific graces were made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary for those people who practise devotion to His Sacred Heart. [Please see all 12 promises listed below.]
The ninth promise is as follows: "I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated."
So, by these promises from the Lord, Himself, we know that this profanation of His image is utterly wrong - especially because it mocks His mercy, and because it deprives young people of the truth about the holy image of Our Lord, its veneration and the awesome promises attached to the same.
Please SIGN this petition - directed to Gearbox Software - which asks them to replace the leaked image which blasphemes Our Lord's sacred image, and to restrict these games to adults only.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
The genuine image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus:
Here are the complete list of the promises made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. Perhaps, after reading through them, you, too, might like to help propagate devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
- I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
- In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.